Friday 17 February 2012

philately will get you everywhere part2

so time for more pictures of my large print in progress...now with the bright colours added, which was worrying me a bit as the blues and greys were looking so serene...

I think this is about layer 5, but I have to admit to having lost count!

good to see a pigeon back in my work - they used to feature pretty heavily - this prints got it all...pigeons, cats, dogs, hawks, bears (of course) llamas and a fish...to name but a few.

the gold layer was pretty tough going, as usual and may explain my arm/shoulder ache (which lasted for DAYS - ow!)

finished! 10 layers, or it could be 11...

and continuing my "the glamour of screenprinting" photos here's the all important pile of rubbish under the screen bed shot.

2 comments:

  1. SO MANY LAYERS. It looks amazing! And the glamour of screenprinting pic? Obviously, I also love that too. Printing = quick food, tape, coffee cups, and garbage. Rinse and repeat, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have peaked on the number of layers I ever do ever again...and so much rinse and repeat!

    I think there's always a banana skin and empty packet of nuts & raisins on the floor when I print...I think it's time for Deadweight glamour of screen printing shots...

    ReplyDelete