Sunday 1 April 2012

pretty and gritty

I thought I'd take a few photos of the vital bits of the Spike Print studio, as its always a bit tricky to explain how screen printing works ( but check out Sandi's great tutorial on http://deadweightisgreat.blogspot.com/2011/11/printing-at-home.html )

...I like how well used the fridge for the light sensitive emulsion looks. The UV light isn't the most photogenic thing ever but without it nothing would happen...

this is my screen after it's been coated in emulsion, exposed and washed out with a pressure washer in the wash out room...now for the pretty...

 Layer 3 seems to be the way forward, I LOVE this little colour combination
  the finished print looking glamorous on the sunlit drying rack...and it only took about 10 hours!



1 comment:

  1. Always love the studio shots! Big exposure units like that are a dream. And it looks like you are producing a TON of print work these days too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete